The day is here at last. We’ve been counting down to this day to see what the BlackBerry stats have been through the rough several months, and with the buyout right around the corner. Check out below for the full press release and highlights from the Fiscal 2014 Results:
WATERLOO, ONTARIO–(Marketwired - Sept. 27, 2013) – BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB), a world leader in the mobile communications market, today reported second quarter results for the three months ended August 31, 2013 (all figures in U.S. dollars and U.S. GAAP, except where otherwise indicated).
- Revenue for the second quarter of approximately $1.6 billion; company recognizes revenue on approximately 3.7 million smartphones in the second quarter
- GAAP loss from continuing operations of $965 million, or $1.84 per share diluted; includes a primarily non-cash, pre-tax charge against inventory and supply commitments of approximately $934 million and pre-tax restructuring charges of approximately $72 million
- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $248 million, or $0.47 per share diluted; adjusted gross margin of $570 million, or 36%
- Company sees increasing penetration of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 (BES 10) with more than 25,000 commercial and test servers installed to date, up from 19,000 in July 2013
- Cash and investments balance of $2.6 billion