As many users have encountered, there are certain Sprint BlackBerry users who have updated to OS 4.5 and lost language support for Arabic, Hebrew, Russian and Japanese. Some versions of BlackBerry Device Software 4.5 for the BlackBerry 8830 smartphone, BlackBerry 8330 smartphone, and BlackBerry 8130 smartphone that operate on the Sprint wireless network do not include the Arabic, Hebrew, Russian and Japanese language support packs. So which devices encountered this problem? If you have the symptoms below, you are experiencing this problem.
- BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5.0
- BlackBerry 8830 World Edition smartphone
- BlackBerry Curve 8330 smartphone
- BlackBerry Pearl 8130 smartphone
- Sprint wireless network
And if you have the following OS versions, you’re in this hole for sure.
- BlackBerry 8830 smartphone – BlackBerry Device Software version 188.8.131.52
- BlackBerry 8130 smartphone – BlackBerry Device Software version 184.108.40.206
- BlackBerry 8330 smartphone – BlackBerry Device Software version 220.127.116.11
So what to do when you are in this dilemma?
- To include rendering support for these languages in BlackBerry Device Software version 4.5, you must download the supplemental language pack , by going to the following website via your BlackBerry Internet Browser: http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=45languagepack
-by Mac Jadalhack