BBC iPlayer Launches for UK Bold 9700 & Storm2 Usersby Mac Jadalhack
So much for having an actual application. Ricky just let us know about BBC releasing the iPlayer, which right off the bat we believed to be an application. Based on tips we received about a month ago, we still thought it was going to be an application. BBC iPlayer came out to be just a mobile website to watch clips and full length videos from BBC right on BlackBerry. Currently the only supported devices are the BlackBerry Bold 9700 and Storm2. On the brighter side, I must say that it is nice to be able to stream long full videos on BlackBerry rather than 30 second clips, so it’s not so bad in the end. The bottom line is that many of us were expecting to see an actual application based on BBC’s hype.
BBC iPlayer works for folks in the UK only, as I tried streaming from New Jersey, USA and received “we do not currently support BBC iPlayer outside the United Kingdom.” So use the link below to download the BBC iPlayer shortcut, and you’ll be good to go from there.
UPDATE: Our contributing author Ryan just let me know that the services are only working over the WiFi network. Also, he’s been nice enough to send us some screenshots to post of what to expect from the services. Check out the whole post as we changed up the pics! Enjoy.
-by Mac Jadalhack
- T-Mobile Germany launches the BlackBerry Bold 9700
- BlackBerry Pearl 9100 gets a teaser video next to the Bold 9700
- BlackBerry users covet the choices iPhone users have with some 15,000 applications
- Review: BlackBerry Bold 9700 OtterBox Defender Series
- Three Way Comparison between BlackBerry Bold 9700, Bold 9000, & Curve 8900
- Vringo for BlackBerry Bold 9000
- Slacker Radio gets updated to v2.0.91 now supported the Storm2
- BlackBerry Bold 9000 to be pushed to business users and lose its camera
- Official BlackBerry Bold 9700 Video
- BlackBerry Bold 9700 to use same battery as Bold 9000