T-Mobile stops BlackBerry Curve 8520 shipments – 9300 in September?by Mac Jadalhack
We got the word from several T-Mobile retail locations that the BlackBerry Curve 8520 is not on shelves right now. Whatever left over devices are hanging around can be sold, but T-Mobile is not sending any more in at all. Some employees have also told a new device is expected to come around September to make up for the 8520. Curve 9300 anyone? This isn’t huge news, but it’s a bit odd how the Fuchsia red Curve 8520 came out around the same time the white Bold 9700 did (not too long ago) and now it’s all been halted. I guess both Verizon and T-Mobile are getting rid of this device.
There’s no word on AT&T as they are hiding discreetly hopefully unveiling the 9800 Slider soon. Keep in mind they do also have a Curve 8520 on shelves but it seems to me the 8520 was not such a big hit with AT&T, but more with T-Mobile and Verizon. So what else is going to be halted soon? Will we see the Bold 9700 go away and have the 9780 take its place when OS 6 come out? Or will RIM impress us all by having OS 6 support the 9700? Back to the 8520, I guess this is it, and it will be an end of life device as well from T-Mobile.
-by Mac Jadalhack
- Fuchsia Red BlackBerry Curve 8520 Officially Launched by T-Mobile
- BlackBerry Curve 8520 goes live on T-Mobile website
- Leaked T-Mobile Roadmap Shows New BlackBerry Launching in September – Curve 9300?
- BlackBerry Curve 8520 OS 184.108.40.2064 officially released via T-Mobile UK
- T-Mobile UK releases Official OS 220.127.116.115 for BlackBerry Curve 8520
- BlackBerry Curve 8520 OS 18.104.22.1686 leaked
- T-Mobile BlackBerry Curve 8900 Discontinued – Curve 8910 next?
- Live Shots: Fuchsia Colored BlackBerry Curve 8520 Still Coming to T-Mobile
- BlackBerry Curve 8520 launching August 5th
- T-Mobile & Airtel launch the all new BlackBerry Curve 8520