Sideload WhatsApp Messenger to the BlackBerry PlayBookby Otoniel Bruno
Ever since BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 officially released, there’s been many tutorials online showing how to sideload some Android applications on your own. This was a pretty cool one in my opinion since WhatsApp Messenger is a pretty popular cross platform instant messaging application. Its origin is obviously from Android, but the folks over at BBIn were able to sideload it. Hit the jump for the tutorial.
Check out the user guide on how to sideload Android apps to PlayBook.
- Run WhatsApp
- NEVER update client when prompted. Just swipe back (bezel action) to decline update
- Select your country & input a Phone # ( enter your residence or any other non-WhatsApp using phone number)
- WhatsApp then tries to send & receive SMS for setup. Wait for 5mins timer & let this process fail
- When WhatsApp couldn’t get any confirmation it opts for a Voice Call. Select voice call & be ready to receive a call on phone # entered.
- Note down the 3digit code & enter in the given space
- Spread the entered registration phone number with friends to talk on PlayBook
- You’re done!
- WhatsApp Messenger cannot run simultaneously with your phone version. WhatsApp runs only on one device per number. You can apply your current Phone # as well but it will disable your smartphone’s WhatsApp setup
- Contacts can be added by swiping from above & will only add native address book contacts automatically
* DO NOT update client when prompted. Use swipe-back (bezel) action to decline update
No related posts.