Dev Alpha Micro SIMs Handed Out At BlackBerry World In May Have Officially Expiredby Jon Destouche
On Monday I noticed that my micro SIM in my Dev Alpha wasn’t working, and shortly after was hearing reports of the same thing. Of course it was easy to assume that the program four Dev Alpha SIM’s had expired but there hadn’t been any official word. This morning I received an email from the BlackBerry Developer Program that said:
At the BlackBerry 10 Jam in Orlando, we provided a temporary SIM on the AT&T network for your BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha device. We want to let you know the SIM expired on October 1, 2012.
Please use a WiFi connection to continue testing. If you require a connection to a cellular network, you may purchase one directly from AT&T.
We look forward to your BlackBerry 10 apps and a shared success with the launch of our BlackBerry 10 smartphones.
The BlackBerry Developer Program Team
So, yes it is official that the Dev Alpha SIM’s have expired and if you would like you can get a micro SIM of your own to continue testing or you can continue using WiFi.
- Foursquare for BlackBerry Alpha v3.3.5 now available
- Foursquare for BlackBerry Alpha v1.9.90 available
- Skyfire BlackBerry Web Browser goes into another alpha stage
- Foursquare for BlackBerry Alpha v3.2.8 Available for Download
- Foursquare for BlackBerry 3.0 Alpha Now Available – Includes BBM Integration
- Meet the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
- Foursquare for BlackBerry Alpha Release v1.9.72 available for download
- BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha update coming soon
- Foursquare for BlackBerry Alpha Release v1.9.60 available for download
- Video: Typing on the BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha