BBM is a fast, convenient and inexpensive service for BlackBerry® customers that gives them the ability to instantly chat with a friend, family member or colleague, and know when their message has been delivered, and read. With the new version of BBM, customers have a new option – they can talk with their BBM contact across the globe for free over a Wi-Fi connection. In an instant, customers can switch between texting and talking, or talk and text at the same time. For consumers, especially in developing markets, the BBM Voice feature offers an attractive way to talk with friends and family near and far, and staying in contact will be easier than ever as the holiday season approaches. For business customers, BBM Voice allows for enriched collaboration.
“BBM is the quick, easy way to stay connected to the people that matter to you, and with today’s announcement we’re expanding the capabilities of the service for deeper social engagement and even greater collaboration, beginning with voice functionality,” said T.A. McCann, Vice President of BBM and Social Communities at RIM. “The new BBM Voice feature is for when you’re travelling and you want to call home without worrying about phone charges. It’s for when you have news you can’t wait to share, for quickly explaining complicated details, and collaborating with colleagues. Whenever your ideas are too big for text, there’s BBM Voice.”
BBM Voice includes a number of convenient features.
- Customers can initiate a BBM Voice call directly, or instantly switch from a BBM text chat to talk, and back again.
- The split-screen feature allows customers to talk and text at the same time, so for example, they can send a picture to their contact while talking with them. They can also check other BBM text chats, check email, or navigate to other apps while engaged on a BBM Voice call.
- BBM provides a visual indicator that shows when contacts are available for a voice call.
- BBM Voice is compatible with any accessories a customer has now for making voice calls on their BlackBerrywww.BlackBerry.com/betazone.
For more information about BBM, please visit www.blackberry.com/bbm.
* BBM requires a BlackBerry service plan. The BBM Voice feature requires a Wi-Fi connection with access to the Internet and may not be available in all markets.
** BlackBerry Beta Zone is not available in all markets.
About Research In Motion
Research In Motion (RIM), a global leader in New Vlingo Everywhere lets you use your voice to add text anywhere you can type
- Free App: TwitYap for BlackBerry lets you send voice messages to Twitter
- GV Dialer lets you call any contact using your Google Voice Number
- Press Release: AT&T Announces 4G BlackBerry Portfolio – Torch 9810, Bold 9900, & Torch 9860
- RIM Announces BlackBerry Mobile Voice System Support for OpenScape Voice from Siemens Enterprise Communications
- Bluff My Call lets you disguise your voice and change your caller ID when calling
- DriveSafe.ly 2.0 launches – Now lets you respond to texts with your voice
- Press Release: Trigcom Uses SmrtGuard for Smartphone Data Protection
- Press Release: SMART Introduces Prepaid, Flat Rate BlackBerry Data Packages in the Philippines
- Press Release: BlackBerry Bold 9788 launches for China Mobile