Thursday Facebook for BlackBerry showed back up in BlackBerry Beta Zone, touting some awesome new features. If you are a fan of Facebook then you will like the new changes that have been brought over to the Facebook for BlackBerry application. This new update comes with a new navigation menu, pull to refresh, and a completely redesigned photoviewer! The photoviewer redesign includes enhancemnets in full screen photo browsing, comments, like/unlike buttons, ability to view tags, and slide between full screen photos. Check out below for some screen shots of these new updates.
Looks great, doesn’t it? Now besides these awesome improvements there are also a long list of fixed issues to Facebook for BlackBerry. That list includes:
- Clean up files that add the #preprocessor markers, but don’t need them.
- Photos cannot be displayed using Menu option
- When saving an image with ‘Set as Wallpaper’ checked, two copies saved on the device
- UI issue when the user is already in the friend’s list when a new friend is added
- Clicking on the Like + Comments button will open the dialog box for the next photo
- Swiping on screen with bottom eyelid buttons highlighted, brings up the same image
- Facebook Photo\like count not displayed correctly when more 3 or more digits
- Facebook Like\Unlike comments scrolling is not consistent with GCM and menu button
- Imaging scaling not applied on device rotation
- Navigation List BB menu option is not toggled correctly
- Pull to refresh text overlaps with mailbox content
- Facebook need to sync the Like and Comment bar to refresh when comments and likes are added
- Incorrect photo is being saved on the device
- Photo: Spinning green circle shown initially and then screen goes black prior to displaying image
- Facebook Exiting out of a large photo album causes the screen to go blank
- Facebook pull to refresh stops working after a few tries
- Should say loading photos not fetching
- Sometimes while swiping in a photo album in full screen view, image is not loaded
- Performance: Slider animation is not smooth when swiping in an album
- Facebook Photo comments not showing in menu bar and comment count not updating
Are you are a part of BlackBerry Beta Zone? or you haven’t signed up yet? Well head over to BlackBerry Beta Zone to get started. Take Facebook For BlackBerry for spin before the general public gets to try it out, and don’t forget your feedback is what makes this application better! So just follow the link below and get testing today!