RIM Is Out, BlackBerry Is Inby Jon Destouche
Yesterday, at the BlackBerry Launch Party one of the first big surprises was that Research In Motion (RIM) would no longer use it’s long time name. The name of the company would officially change it’s name to BlackBerry. Honestly, the move makes a lot of sense. I’ve met a lot of consumers who are not familiar with the name RIM; however, if you were to say BlackBerry they were very familiar with that brand name. BlackBerry really meant business about the name change. Shortly after the event I noticed pictures being posted by BlackBerry employees over twitter showing off the BlackBerry logo going up where the RIM logo once stood. What a fresh start that BlackBerry is making not only with a brand new OS, and new devices, but also with a new name.
- BlackBerry Presents MTV’s Brand New for 2011 – Vote for an artist & win prizes!
- BlackBerry App World updated to v126.96.36.199
- AT&T BlackBerry Bold 9900 launching as soon as next week?
- So much for Facebook 1.6…
- BlackBerry Messenger 188.8.131.52 – Have you spotted any changes?
- BlackBerry Pearl 9100 Spotted on eBay – Real or Fake?
- Foursquare for BlackBerry updated to v3.3
- Blaq for PlayBook updated to v1.8.4
- T-Mobile USA Brings Back Prepaid BlackBerry Services
- AT&T OS 4.5 Released: 8100, 8300, 8800