Check out the BlackBerry Super Bowl Commercialby The PocketBerry Team
Well the time has finally come and here we see the Super Bowl ad campaign for BlackBerry finally take off. So far it has had some mixed opinions, based on Twitter’s critiques from those giving their two cents on all commercials today, not to mention the unfortunate blackout after halftime. The message behind the commercial is to exemplify what BlackBerry cannot do, pretty much saying that the new and improved BlackBerry 10 is very capable.
We received additional info from BlackBerry on why they chose to make the commercial accordingly:
“In our debut appearance at the Super Bowl we knew that it wasn’t feasible to communicate the rich experience of BlackBerry 10. We decided to use the light hearted spirit of Super Bowl ads to showcase what BlackBerry 10 can’t do,” said Frank Boulben, Chief Marketing Officer, BlackBerry. “We wanted to let people know that BlackBerry is back and that BlackBerry 10 is worth checking out. People can find out for themselves the amazing things that the totally re-designed, re-engineered and re-invented BlackBerry 10 can do at www.blackberry.com.”
Check out the video above and let us know what you think!
- Hoping to see a nice PlayBook commercial during Super Bowl XLV
- Still image from the BlackBerry Super Bowl Commercial
- No PlayBook Super Bowl Commercial, but will.i.am does rock the Storm in one..
- Free Super Bowl Countdown App shows time left on homescreen icon
- Bing takes on Verizon BlackBerry Customers, Google launches Super Bowl Commercial
- Video: Poynt for BlackBerry Super App commercial (Extended Edition)
- Video: RIM explains BlackBerry Super Apps in new commercial
- Free App: Super Search 2.0 for BlackBerry makes searching sites online easier
- Giveaway: 25 copies of Super Mario Bros Theme 3.0 – Updated for 25th Anniversary
- Webinar by RIM: Learn How to Make a BlackBerry App A Super App