BBM Channels have been out for just a few days and it already seems to be widely accepted by the BlackBerry community. I’ve received many invites for many different channels, and you can see how the buzz is catching on. Want to know more of what you can do? Here are some things you may need to know. First of all, what are some of the features that are available:
- Channel Profile – View personalized channel profiles for each BBM Channel including additional content helping to bring the channel to life such as a welcome messages, images, maps and more.
- Receive Posts – Stay up to date on the things that matter to you with instant updates from your subscribed channels. Receive notification when new posts are available and chose whether you would like to be notified.
- Engagement options – Get involved in conversations with your favorite communities by commenting on and liking posts from the Channels to which you have subscribed. Or share interesting posts with your BBM contacts.
- Discovery – Easily find and share your favorite communities on BBM Channels. Check out which Channels are currently featured on the carousel. Channel invites can be shared between BBM contacts or add a Channel via PIN or QR code.
- User Controls – Be in control of your notifications with the BBM Channel mute button. It allows you to select exactly which subscribed channels you would like to receive notifications from.