SoundHound Launches On BlackBerry 10, But Only For Devices Running 10.1by Jon Destouche
On my BlackBerry 9900 I was consistently using Shazam, and it was one of my favorite apps. Going to the Z10 I noticed it wasn’t on there which really bummed me out considering I’m always on the hunt for new music. Now, I had to resort to trying to listen to lyrics and Google search them to see if I can locate the song. If you are like me and you are looking for something to tag new music on for your BlackBerry Z10 or Q10, well look no further. Popular Android and iOS application SoundHound has made it’s way over to BlackBerry 10 (well sort of).
SoundHound is only available for devices running 10.1. So if you have a Q10 then you are good to go. If you using a Z10 and haven’t received a 10.1 update (like most American carriers) then you won’t be able to take advantage of this awesome application, unless you decide to try one of the beta versions of 10.1 that seem to be floating around the internet. So non 10.1 users sit tight and be a little more patient.
Now for those of you who may not be too familiar with SoundHound they bring music recognition to another level. Here are a few features that you will receive with their release on BlackBerry 10:
- Blazing fast music recognition
- The world’s only singing and humming recognition
- LiveLyrics: see lyrics move in time with the music
- Buy links, YouTube videos, and more!
- Screamo Radio Makes It Way To BlackBerry Devices
- Bplay launches 5 themes for BlackBerry 7 devices!
- Grindr Xtra Launches for BlackBerry Devices
- BBM Music officially launches in the US, Canada and Australia
- Bracketron launches all weather bike mount for mobile devices
- Rdio for BlackBerry Officially Launches – $4.99 per month, Trial Available
- Amazon MP3 officially launches for BlackBerry
- DriveSafe.ly 2.0 launches – Now lets you respond to texts with your voice
- DJ Hero launches for BlackBerry – 13 Original Mixes, 8 Unlockable, 22 Achievements
- Cellular South launches BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230